Aftercare Advice and Recommendations
For optimum results clients should take a course of 10-12 treatments. These can be taken once or twice a week dependant on your clients’ time and budget. Following a course of treatments clients should then be encouraged to have a monthly facial to preserve and maintain their desired results.
In addition to a course of treatments a basic home care routine of cleanse, tone and moisturise (as a bare minimum) should be adhered to in order to help regulate the skin and also to ensure the best results from their treatment. To enhance treatment further clients can also apply a collagen gel/cream at home each night (this is a great retail opportunity).
It is also important to remember that it is not products alone that may cause your client to have problems with their skin. Diet, lifestyle and stress levels can also play a part in how our skin looks and feels and as such your homecare routine may also include advice on drinking more water, taking regular exercise or relaxation techniques.
Recommended aftercare advice should include the following points:
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise your face morning and night with the right products for your skin; this will help to prevent loss of moisture, protect the skin from make-up through the day helping to keep the skin soft and supple as well as removing dirt and make up from the skin at the end of the day.
- Drink plenty of water (Recommended 6-8 glasses per day)
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet – Include at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables
- Do not undertake any other facial skincare treatments within 48 hours of having a Facial
- Always use an SPF
- Avoid smoking and alcohol